Click the Amazing Dancing Peggy to check out why Mad Men is ruining our faith in love:
A lot of people are saying that the fifth season of Mad Men (which just ended last night) has been its bleakest yet. For a show where every character constantly seems on the verge of collapsing into their own Sylvia Plath poem, that’s impressive. And while it’s all been dramatically satisfying — give or take a Fat Betty or two — it’s also been emotionally exhausting. After five years of watching our heroes try to fill the vast emptiness in their lives through flings with secretaries, strangers at movie theaters, and former Gilmore Girls, I’m ready to call it: Mad Men has officially made me terrified of ever falling in love again.
This post has 251 notes.
- pawneegoddesscomplex likes this
- jannadreams likes this
- sloptimusprime likes this
- wanderingreader likes this
- yvonnelovesjellybeans likes this
- stephlivesinrapturecity reblogged this from nervemedia
- bonjourneko likes this
- chelucas likes this
- fourtiles likes this
- andohpooratlas reblogged this from nervemedia
- a-hodgie likes this
- night-catches-us likes this
- enamoured-benediction likes this
- worthingtonwire likes this
- ebleblanc likes this
- seashorelovely reblogged this from cozylove
- meow-lison reblogged this from futureviking
- futureviking reblogged this from musicpnppl
- vouloir--cest--pouvoir reblogged this from nervemedia and added:
The extent of my dancing abilities.
- fraeuleinsarah likes this
- proi reblogged this from nervemedia and added:
nominated for pretty much ALL THE AWARDS. Well-done. I hope “Far Away Places” wins for best writing and direction. That...
- gildedyouthgang likes this
- deryckryan likes this
- posteronyourwall reblogged this from nervemedia
- july-satana likes this
- musictomyearholes reblogged this from oxy-doll and added:
I like you, Peggy, I like you.
- oxy-doll reblogged this from chubbycartwheels
- cougra reblogged this from nervemedia
- cheesecakesplendid reblogged this from chubbycartwheels and added:
Filed under: what I wish I was doing right now. The dancing and the drinking in a dress, that is. Not the people.
- dyllinn reblogged this from nervemedia
- lapetiterousse likes this
- lifeflowson reblogged this from cozylove and added:
- cozylove reblogged this from nervemedia
- usurpmyprose reblogged this from nervemedia and added:
And for posterity’s sake, the Mad Men article I wrote for Nerve.com last week.
- bob4567 likes this
- amblingnrambling reblogged this from freepartysubs
- hankvondouche reblogged this from nervemedia
- jocinda reblogged this from chubbycartwheels
- chaoticlana reblogged this from bensreblogcenter and added:
- bensreblogcenter reblogged this from split-definitive and added:
- highlydisregarded reblogged this from bbook
- highlydisregarded likes this
- henriklemon likes this
- pricew likes this
- goudacunt likes this
- thesecondmrsdewinter reblogged this from ephemeralness
- ephemeralness reblogged this from nervemedia
- seaholmpower reblogged this from musicpnppl and added:
- thatguychad likes this